- Yield : 6 cups
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup hulled green pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup mixed dried raisins and apricots
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl stir together oats, almonds, coconut, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, and salt. In a small saucepan melt butter with honey over low heat, stirring. Pour butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until combined well.
In a large jelly-roll pan spread granola evenly and bake in middle of oven, stirring halfway through baking, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool granola in pan on a rack and stir in dried fruits. Granola may be kept in an airtight container at cool room temperature 2 weeks.