Apple-Cranberry Sage Dressing2015-05-23
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 cups cubed French bread, fresh or day-old
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tart apples such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and cut into medium dice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage, or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Soak the bread cubes in the chicken stock, egg, and milk until all the liquid is absorbed.
Saute the onions in the butter until translucent. Add the apples and continue cooking until the apples have just begun to soften (about 7 to 8 minutes). Remove from the heat and cool before combining the onion and apple mixture with the bread cubes.
Lightly stir in the herbs, dried cranberries and seasoning, and pour the mixture into a 2-quart ovenproof dish. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve hot in the baking dish.