Apple-Raspberry Crisp with Pecan Crunch Topping2019-07-11
- Yield : 8 servings
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 1/2 pounds Golden Delicious apples (6 or 7 medium apples), peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons applejack
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (not in syrup)
1. To make the pecan topping, place the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor and pulse until combined. Add the butter pieces and pulse a few times, just until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the pecans and pulse just until they are coarsely chopped.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
3. To make the fruit filling, in a large bowl, toss the apple slices with the lemon juice. Add the granulated sugar, flour, and cinnamon and stir to combine. Add the apple brandy and butter cubes and toss until combined. Gently toss in the raspberries. Evenly spread the apple mixture in the prepared pan. Sprinkle the pecan topping evenly over the filling.
4. Bake the crisp for 40 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is browned. Serve warm.