- Yield : 2 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/8 cup olive oil, plus 1/8 cup
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 4 ounces bay scallops
- 4 ounces rock shrimp
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, button or cremini
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3/4 cups fish stock or clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 green onions, sliced (greens only)
- 2 ounces butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces flour
- 2 jumbo or extra-large artichokes, steamed, halved and choke removed
Cover the bottom of a saute pan with 1/8 cup olive oil and heat. Add the garlic and shallot to pan, and saute until light brown in color. Add the bay scallops and rock shrimp and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not overcook scallops and shrimp. Remove from heat.
In another saute pan, add the remaining 1/8 cup olive oil and heat. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, lemon juice, clam juice, white wine, and capers. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce liquid by 25 percent.
Add the reserved seafood to the mixture of tomatoes and mushrooms. Add the green onions. In a small bowl, make a beurre manie by combining the butter and the flour and mixing until a paste is formed. Add the beurre manie to the mixture and whisk to incorporate. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Place artichoke halves in a soup bowl and ladle mixture over artichoke.