Arugula Bread Salad2012-09-21
- Yield : 6 servings
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium (2 cups sliced) red onion, peeled, sliced into 1/2 moons
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh minced clove
- 3 or 4 slices rustic bread, day old works great!
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula, washed and dried
- 1 cup fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted bell pepper, 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1/4 cup pinenuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups seedless green or red grapes, picked from stem and rinsed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
Place red onions in baking dish lined with foil. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of prepared dressing and toss well. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with crushed garlic. Brush onto bread slices. Broil or grill bread for 1-2 minutes on each side until toasted. Cut bread into strips about 1/2 inch wide. Place bread, roasted onions, arugula, fennel, bell pepper, pinenuts and grapes in large bowl, and toss with remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.