Asian Turkey Burgers2019-04-21
- Yield : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 33m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 1/4 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, sliced 1/8-inch thick, 1 cup
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 12 ounces lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus 1/4 cup whole leaves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger rolls
Put the bulgur in a medium bowl and add the boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand until the bulgur is tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk the vinegar and sugar with a generous seasoning of salt and pepper until dissolved. Add the cucumber and onion, toss well and set aside to marinate for about 30 minutes.
In a separate small bowl combine the yogurt and chili garlic sauce. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Drain the bulgur and put into a large bowl. Add the turkey, hoisin, scallions, ginger, garlic and chopped cilantro and mix until just combined. Form into 4 equal sized patties.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until very hot. Lightly brush both sides of each patty with oil and place in the skillet. Cook, turning once, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Drain the pickled vegetables and toss with the whole cilantro. Spread some spicy yogurt sauce on the top and bottom of each bun and top with a burger patty and some pickles.