- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 6 to 8 servings
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 9 lasagna sheets, fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 (8.5-ounce) jars sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 packed cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus 3/4 cup
- 1/4 pound pancetta, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes for dried pasta or 2 to 3 minutes for fresh pasta. Drain pasta.
In a food processor combine the sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Pulse until the mixture is combined. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Set aside.
In a large skillet brown the pancetta until crisp. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, and garlic and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add asparagus and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the ricotta, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9 by 13-inch baking dish sprinkle some of the sun-dried tomato mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish. Place some lasagna sheets, then half asparagus mixture. Next sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and some of the remaining 3/4 cup Parmesan. Continue for 1 more layer. Top with lasagna sheets, some sun-dried tomato mixture, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Dot the top with butter. Bake until the ingredients are warm and the cheese is melted, about 25 minutes.