- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 Hass avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Corn Relish, recipe follows
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In a blender, combine the half-and-half, milk, egg, egg yolk, cream cheese, avocados, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into 4 (4-ounce) ramekins.
Arrange the ramekins in a glass baking dish, and add enough hot water to come halfway up the sides. Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake until the custard is set, about 1 hour. Remove the flans from the oven. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate for 1 hour. Bring the flans to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Top with corn relish and serve.
In a small bowl, combine the corn, cilantro, red onion, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.