Avocado stuffed with Pickled Salt Fish: Bohl-Jol2014-09-05
- Yield : 8 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless salt fish (salted cod)
- 1 cup peeled, grated cucumber
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon each finely chopped red and yellow bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 West Indian avocados, peeled, halved, and seeded
Soak the salt fish in the refrigerator overnight in cold water. Drain.
Boil the fish in fresh water and drain. Repeat until the high salt content has been removed. Shred the fish and chill.
Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and add the fish. Mix well and let stand for 1 hour before serving. Scoop the fish mixture into the avocado halves and serve.