Babcock Peach or Braeburn Apple Pancake Tatins2012-08-12
- Yield : 8 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 Babcock peaches or Braeburn apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla sugar or regular sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons clarified or melted butter
- 2 cups Gingerbread Pancake batter, or your favorite pancake batter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Preheat the broiler.
Place the first 4 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and toss together. Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
Drain the excess liquid from the fruit mixture and reserve. Melt half of the unsalted and clarified butterÂ in a medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the fruit mixture and brown for 3 minutes.
Pour half of the pancake batter over the fruit starting from the center of the pan. Let batter set for about 3 minutes, and then place under the broiler for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Watch carefully the whole time, as it may brown more quickly. Remove from the oven. Place a large enough plate to cover the pan over the pan and invert onto the plate. Repeat with the second half of the fruit and batter.
Garnish with powdered sugar and serve.