Bacon and Egg Potato Salad2019-06-15
- Yield : 6 to 8 servings
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 pound slab bacon, small dice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 small red onion, small dice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Put the potatoes in a medium-size saucepan and cover with cold water; add 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, saute the bacon in a skillet over medium-low heat until crispy, about 12 minutes.
Drain the potatoes (do not rinse), transfer to a baking sheet and let cool for 6 to 8 minutes, then cut into quarters.
In a bowl large enough to mix the potatoes, combine the vinegar, yogurt, mustard, scallions, red onion, sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to the bowl, add the bacon and hard-boiled eggs and mix by folding carefully. Serve at room temperature.