Bacon-Avocado Toast Bar2013-01-28
- Yield : 2 to 4 servings
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 slices crusty Italian bread
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Flaky sea salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Drizzle the bread slices with 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Mash the avocados in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons each of the chives and parsley, the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; mix until fully combined.
Toss the tomatoes, the remaining 1 tablespoon each olive oil, chives and parsley, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
Spread each slice of bread with 1/2 cup of the avocado mixture and 1/8 cup of the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the chopped bacon and flaky sea salt.