Bacon-Wrapped Spinach Dip Crostini2015-07-22
- Yield : 8 to 12 servings (24 crostini)
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Nonstick cooking spray, for spraying the baking sheet
- One 9-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 24 bias-cut slices baguette (1/4 inch thick; from 1 baguette)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the bacon with the brown sugar in a medium bowl until evenly coated. Arrange the bacon on a baking sheet and bake until light golden around the edges but still very soft, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe the baking sheet clean, then spray with cooking spray.
Stir together the spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture onto each slice of bread and wrap it with a piece of bacon so that the ends are tucked under the bread (it should look a bit like a belt). Arrange the crostini on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the bacon is dark golden, about 15 minutes. These are best served warm.