Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Figs2014-03-25
- Yield : 8 servings
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 24 dried figs (about 10 ounces)
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
Position an oven rack in the center of the oven, and preheat the broiler. Slice the figs about 3/4 of the way down the center lengthwise, and open each like a book; set aside.
Combine the goat cheese, pesto, lemon juice and zest and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl with a rubber spatula. Fill each fig with about 1 teaspoon of the cheese-pesto mixture.
Wrap each stuffed fig with a slice of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Put the figs, seam-side down, on a rimmed baking sheet.
Broil, turning once, until the bacon is cooked through and crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.