Baked Chicken with White Beans and Tomatoes2019-04-16
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 6 bacon slices (1/4-pound total), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large chicken thighs with skin and bone (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon, plus 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped, (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (15 to 16-ounce) can stewed tomatoes including juice
- 2 (15 to 16-ounce) cans small white beans, rinsed and drained
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook bacon in a 10-inch heavy ovenproof skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, reserving fat in skillet.
While bacon is browning, pat chicken dry and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Brown chicken in fat in skillet over moderately high heat, turning over once, about 8 minutes total, then transfer chicken with tongs to paper towels to drain.
Pour off all but 3 tablespoons fat from skillet and reduce heat to moderate. Cook onions in skillet with 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring and scraping up any brown bits, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir tomatoes and juice into onions and boil, uncovered, 3 minutes, to concentrate juices slightly. Stir in bacon and beans and bring to a simmer. Nestle chicken, skin side up, in beans and bake, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.