Baked Tortellini with Kale Pesto2017-05-23
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat23 grams
- Kosher salt
- 1 12- to 14-ounce package spinach and cheese tortellini
- 7 cups baby kale (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs. Reserve Â¼ cup cooking water, then drain. Reserve the pot.
Meanwhile, puree 4 cups kale, the olive oil and garlic in a blender or food processor until almost smooth. Add Â¼ cup parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth, adding up to 1/4 cup tap water if needed.
Transfer the pesto to the reserved pot along with the heavy cream; stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to medium low; stir in the tortellini, sun-dried tomatoes and the remaining 3 cups kale, adding the reserved cooking water as needed to loosen. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
Combine the panko, pine nuts, parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the tortellini and bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.