Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Glaze2018-09-16
- Yield : one 9-by-5-inch loaf or three 6-by-3-inch mini loaves
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled (or 1/2 cup vegetable oil), plus more for the pan
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (optional)
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Make the banana bread: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter one 9-by-5-inch loaf pan or three 6-by-3-inch mini loaf pans.
Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add the chocolate chips.
Whisk the eggs, melted butter, yogurt, vanilla and orange zest (if using) in a medium bowl. Stir in the mashed banana. Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
Spread the batter in the prepared pan(s). Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes for a standard loaf or 35 to 40 minutes for mini loaves. Cool 30 minutes in the pan(s) on a rack, then turn out onto the rack to cool completely.
Make the glaze: Whisk the confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, milk, vanilla and salt in a bowl. Pour over the cooled banana bread and let set, 15 to 20 minutes.