Barbecue Chicken Pan Pizza2015-09-17
- Yield : 2 to 4 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- EVOO or vegetable oil
- 1 red onion
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup ketchup, Sir Kensington preferred brand
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, Lea and Perrins preferred brand
- 1 tablespoon (scant palm full) smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 pound ball dough from market or your favorite pizza parlor or EZ Pizza Dough, recipe follows
- AP flour, for dusting
- About 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup each shredded mozzarella cheese AND shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- About 2 tablespoons acacia honey
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce, Frank's RedHot or chipotle Tabasco preferred brands
- Cilantro leaves
- Scallions, sliced
- Sliced fresh jalapeno peppers
- Garlic Bread Fries, for serving, recipe follows
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast (look for pouches marked "For Pizza")
- 2 tablespoons EVOO, plus some for bowl to rest dough
- 1 tablespoon acacia honey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1 bag frozen steak fries, Ore-Ida preferred brand
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parm
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepperoncini or crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 525 to 550 degrees F, as high as it goes, with rack at center. Preheat a cast-iron skillet, 12 inches, over medium to medium-high heat (to aid in a crispy bottom crust while pizza is in oven).
Gather your ingredients.
Remove skin from chicken, remove meat from bones and pull meat into bite-size pieces. Dice onion, grate or mince garlic.
Preheat a second cast-iron or other skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, 2 turns of the pan, then add onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and soften a few minutes. Add stock and let it finish cooking the onions by absorbing into them. Add ketchup, sugar, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire, paprika and mustard. Add chicken to sauce, turn in sauce and remove from heat.
Roll and stretch dough on lightly floured surface into 12 to 14-inch even round that will cover pan. Turn off heat under skillet, sprinkle a little cornmeal in skillet and press dough into hot skillet and up sides as much as possible. The pan is hot -- reminder. Brush the dough with EVOO and season with a little salt and pepper or red pepper flakes. Top the dough with chicken and sauce and top with the cheeses. Place in oven. Bake the pizza 10 to 12 minutes to deep golden brown and bubbly.
Combine honey, splash of water and hot sauce in small pot or skillet and heat over low heat.
Drizzle or brush the pizza with the honey mixture and top and scallions, cilantro and jalapeno.
To a mixer with dough hook attached, add warm water and yeast and let the yeast bloom and foam, 5 minutes.
Add EVOO, honey and salt and turn on mixer. Add the flour gradually to form dough. Transfer to a bowl drizzled with a little EVOO and cover; let stand 1 hour.
Cut dough in half, wrap half the dough and freeze for later use.
Preheat the oven to 525 to 550 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with fries and bake 15 to 20 minutes to very crispy.
Add fries to large bowl. Pour butter and remaining ingredients over the fries. Toss to coat. Serve hot.