Bean and Tofu Burritos2017-06-28
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5 grams
- 1/3 cup converted white rice
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium kidney or black beans (do not drain)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium sazon seasoning
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat pepper jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Hot sauce and sour cream, for serving
Bring 1/4 cup water, the rice, the beans and their liquid, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and stir. Cover and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 16 to 18 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden brown, 5 minutes. Add the sazon and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon water; cook, stirring, until absorbed. Add the tofu and scallions to the rice; fluff with a fork.
Wrap the tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave 30 seconds. Sprinkle the bottom halves with the cheese; top with the tofu mixture, pico de gallo and lettuce. Fold the bottom edge over the filling, fold in the sides, then roll up tightly. Arrange seam-side down on a large microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with hot sauce and sour cream.