Beef Roast and Onion Gravy2015-09-03
- Yield : 12 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson(R) Beef Stock
- 1 beef eye round roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, parsley and black pepper and cook until the onion is tender-crisp, stirring often. Stir the stock in the skillet and heat to a boil. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Place the beef in a roasting pan and brush with the stock mixture. Roast at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or to desired doneness, brushing occasionally with the stock mixture. Remove the beef from the roasting pan.
Stir the flour in the skillet. Stir the flour mixture in the roasting pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve the gravy with the beef.