Beef Stroganoff with Green Beans Almandine2013-04-26
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 pound egg noodles, cooked al dente
- Stroganoff Sauce, recipe follows
- Green Beans Almandine, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (12-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Extra virgin olive oil, for sauteing
- Sliced almonds, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, parsley, onions, bacon bits, and salt and pepper, to taste. Thoroughly mix the ingredients together, then form the mixture into 2-inch meatballs. Heat vegetable oil in a large pan and slowly add the meatballs to the hot oil. Fry the meatballs until they are browned on all sides and cooked throughout. Remove the meatballs from the pan and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
Serve on a bed of broad egg noodles with stroganoff sauce.
In a large saucepan, add chopped onions, mushrooms and chicken stock. Cook over mediumÂ¿high heat and reduce the liquid by 1/2. Add cream of chicken soup to the saucepan and continue to heat. Once the sauce is heated through, stir in 1 cup of sour cream. Pour the sauce on top of the egg noodles and meatballs.
Heat olive oil and almonds in a saute pan. Add garlic, green beans and vinegar. Cook until the beans are al dente. Salt and pepper, to taste, then serve.