Bertolli Pasta Fagioli2018-09-03
- Yield : 8 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar Bertolli(R) Vineyard Premium Collections Fire Roasted Tomato with Cabernet Sauvignon Sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) low sodium red kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz. whole wheat elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium heat and cook onion, carrots and celery, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in Sauce, water and beans and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in macaroni. Serve, if desired, with crushed red pepper.
Cost per recipe*: $7.03.
Cost per serving*: $.88.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.