Bibb and Arugula Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette2016-12-18
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 5m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head of butter or Bibb lettuce, torn into 1-inch pieces, to yield 4 cups
- 4 cups arugula
- 3/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds, toasted (see Cook's Note)
For the vinaigrette: Place the raspberries, olive oil, lemon juice, and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
In a large salad bowl, mix together the lettuce, arugula, and pumpkin seeds. Just before serving, add the vinaigrette and toss until all the ingredients are coated.
Cook's Note: To toast the pumpkin seeds, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven until lightly golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely before using.