- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Steamed white rice
- Bulgogi, recipe follows
- 1 carrot, julienned
- Cooked bean sprouts, sauteed in a little sesame oil or peanut oil and seasoned with salt
- Cooked spinach, sauteed in a little sesame or peanut oil and seasoned with salt
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced and sauteed in peanut oil and seasoned with salt
- 1 egg, cooked over easy
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Gochuchang Paste, recipe follows
- 1 pound rib-eye
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Korean pear or Asian pear, grated with juices
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 small white onion, grated or sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (20-ounce) bottle lemon-lime soda, optional (recommended: Sprite or 7-Up)
*Cook's Note: This can be done in a regular bowl or a hot stone bowl. If it's in a hot stone bowl, the rice becomes crunchy because it's still cooking.
Put cooked rice in large slightly shallow bowl. Place bulgogi (with juices from cooked meat) and veggies on top of rice but place separately so you can see each ingredient beautifully placed on rice. Put egg on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce.
When ready to eat, mix all ingredients together with some gochuchang paste, to taste. The bibimpap should be moist and not dry. Add more sesame oil and gochuchang paste, to taste.
Place rib-eye in freezer for about 30 minutes so that it is easier to thinly slice. When partially frozen, remove from freezer and thinly slice. Set aside.
Whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a large baking dish. Add the thinly sliced beef and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight; it is best if marinated overnight.
Heat grill to high. Remove beef from marinade and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to compile Bibimbap.
Gochuchang Paste (seasoned red pepper paste):
4 tablespoons gochuchang (available at Korean grocers)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.