Black Forest Pudding Cake2018-07-12
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 pound frozen cherries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Four 1-inch-thick slices store-bought chocolate pound cake
- Shaved dark chocolate, for garnish
For the sauce: Add the frozen cherries, sugar and 2 tablespoons water to a small saute pan over medium heat and stir to combine. Add the brandy and flambe or cook until the alcohol burns off. Add the lemon juice, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the cherry sauce is thick and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool, about 10 minutes.
For the pudding: Mix together the pudding and whipped topping in a small bowl.
For the cake: Spread the butter generously on both sides of the pound cake slices. Toast the cake in a dry frying pan over medium-low heat, 1 minute per side. Spoon the boozy cherry sauce over the toasted pound cake and finish with a dollop of the whipped chocolate pudding. Sprinkle with shaved dark chocolate.