Blackened Stuffed Pork Chops2016-12-15
- Yield : 5 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 27m
- Ready In : 57m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 of each, red, yellow and green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic butter
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 fresh egg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pepper jack cheese
- About 1/2 pound shredded asiago
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Spanish paprika
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Black pepper
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup chili powder
- 1 cup granulated garlic
- 1 cup granulated onions
- 5 (1 1/2-inch thick) bone-in pork chops
- 2 pounds angle hair pasta, cooked, for serving
For the stuffing
Dice the bell peppers and onions. Saute the bell peppers and onions in garlic butter. Set aside to cool.
Press extra water out of crabmeat and set aside. Combine crab meat, bell pepper and the rest of the ingredients, mix very well, set aside.
For the sauce:
Bring whipping cream and half-and-half to a boil. Add the asiago cheese, remove from heat.
For the seasoning:
Combine all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
Cut a pocket into the pork chop and stuff it with the pepper jack cheese and crab mix. Season with the blackening seasoning. Cook your pork chop any way you see fit.
Serve with 5 ounces hot angle hair pasta. Place the bone end of the chop in the angel hair and cover with Asiago sauce.