Broccoli-Cabot Cheddar Soup2015-02-18
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- 2 cups peeled and diced boiling potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups broccoli (chopped florets and thinly sliced stems)
- 8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes longer.
Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Bring to simmer and cook until potatoes are nearly tender, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes longer.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.