Buffalo Fried Shrimp2015-02-07
- Yield : 6 to 8 servings
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons Buffalo hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped dill pickle
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 heaping tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Peanut or vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lager beer
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails intact)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
Mix the mayonnaise, 1/4 cup hot sauce, the mustard, pickle, shallot and parsley in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in a large wide pot over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 365 degrees F.
Meanwhile, whisk the flour, beer and the remaining 3 tablespoons hot sauce in a large bowl; add the shrimp and toss to coat. Working in batches, remove the shrimp from the batter with a slotted spoon and fry until cooked through and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. (Return the oil to 365 degrees F between batches.) Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain; keep warm in the oven.
Add the celery to the remaining batter and toss to coat; remove with a slotted spoon and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Serve the fried shrimp and celery with the prepared sauce.