Butternut Squash Souffle2018-06-11
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 pound butternut squash, steamed and diced
- 1 pound carrot, steamed and diced
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, diced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 large eggs (or 6 jumbo)
- Souffle Topping, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes (crunched up)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
Combine first 6 ingredients in food processor, blend 2 minutes, then add eggs 1 at a time until smooth. Pour into buttered 8-inch souffle dish. (may be made up to 3 days ahead).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake souffle for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then add topping and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes. Combined cooking time of 1 1/2 hours.
Toss the corn flakes, brown sugar, and butter together until all is coated.