California Grain Salad2014-08-16
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3 grams
- 1 cup unsweetened puffed millet or puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup frozen fire-roasted corn, thawed
- 1 13-ounce bag frozen mixed grains (or 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice)
- 1 14-ounce can adzuki beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 4-ounce container sprouts, bottoms trimmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Toast the cereal in a large dry skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; set aside. Add the corn to the skillet and cook until just warmed through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
Warm the grains as the label directs and fluff with a fork. Add to the corn along with the beans, tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, lime juice and half each of the sprouts and goat cheese. Add the sesame oil, 2 tablespoons water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and toss until combined. Stir in half of the toasted cereal and season with salt and pepper. Top each serving of the salad with the remaining goat cheese, toasted cereal and sprouts.