- Yield : 10 to 12 servings
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 bag good-quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 bag mini marshmallows, 1 cup set aside
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 7 cups popped popcorn
- 2 teaspoons smoked sea salt
- 2 sleeves honey graham crackers, 2 sheets set aside
Butter a 9- by 11-inch pan.
Place the chocolate in a large bowl over a double boiler at a low simmer. Stir the chocolate until melted, and then turn off the heat. In a separate pot, bring the cream just to a simmer. Stir in the espresso and chile powder, and then remove from the heat. Add the cream mixture to the chocolate and whisk into a smooth, shiny consistency. Refrigerate.
Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. Stir in the marshmallows and cook until fully melted. Add the vanilla paste and popped popcorn, coating thoroughly.
Press half of the popcorn mix into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the salt and the chocolate mixture. Spread the remaining popcorn mix on top, sprinkling with the rest of the salt. Refrigerate until set.
Once cool enough to easily handle, cut first into rectangles and then into triangles. Let sit at room temperature until slightly tacky.
Crush 2 sheets of the graham crackers in a shallow dish. Place the triangles into the crumbs and press the crumbs into the bottom and sides. Place the triangles on a baking sheet and top with a few remaining marshmallows. Put under the broiler until light brown. Top with larger piece of graham for garnish.