Caramelized Ginger Chicken2018-06-01
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 12 meaty chicken thighs, boned and trimmed with skins still on
- 7 oz fresh ginger, peeled and finely shredded
- 3 1/2 fl oz sunflower oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 fl oz caramel (see Note)
- 4 large watercress sprigs, for garnish
Cut each chicken thigh into three equal pieces. Place in a large bowl with the ginger, two-thirds of the oil, and salt and pepper. Cover and marinate for about 6 hours in the refrigerator.
Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan and pour in the remaining oil. Fry until the meat is colored, about 2 minutes, then drain away the excess oil.
Add the fish sauce, cover the pan with a lid, and steam until the sauce has dissolved, about 1 minute.
Now add the prepared caramel to the pan and cook until the caramel has thickened and coated the chicken in a rich golden color, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To serve, arrange the chicken pieces on a serving platter and garnish with watercress.