Carrot, Green Apple and Mint Salad2012-11-16
- Yield : 6 (1/3 cup) servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1 grams
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
Fold a full sheet of paper towel into quarters and place it in a small bowl. Spoon the yogurt on top of the paper towel. Place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes so the yogurt can drain and thicken.
In a small bowl whisk together the thickened yogurt and the mayonnaise, until smooth. Whisk in the lemon juice, vinegar, and honey.
Grate first the carrots and then the apples in a food processor. Transfer them to a large bowl and stir to combine. Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and toss. Add the mint and season with salt.