Celery and Tofu Salad2015-09-15
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 (2-inch long) piece fresh ginger, cut into 3 or 4 slices
- 1 (3-inch long) piece cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 star anise
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/4 cup red chili flakes
- 1 bunch Chinese celery, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 ounces pressed tofu, thinly sliced or julienned
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; when it simmers, add ginger, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cumin, star anise, Sichuan peppercorns, and chili flakes. Remove from heat and let sit until cool, at least 1 hour and preferably 2 or 3. Strain oil into a bowl or jar and discard spices.
Put a pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add celery and blanch for about a minute; drain in colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
Layer celery and tofu on serving plates, drizzle with chili oil and sprinkle with salt.