Char-Corn-Cress Chowder with Wonton Crackers2013-11-20
- Yield : 4
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- One 14-ounce can creamed corn
- 12 ounces skinless arctic char fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped watercress
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Brush the wonton wrappers with the vegetable oil and sprinkle with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cut the wanton wrappers into triangles and bake on a baking sheet until golden and crisp, about 6 minutes.
Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat, add the onions and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in the flour, 3/4 teaspoons salt and a couple turns of black pepper until well incorporated. Whisk the milk into the onions and bring to a boil. Stir in the creamed corn and bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Stir in the char and watercress and let sit until the fish is just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Serve with the wonton crackers.