Cheat Sheet Roasted Vegetable Couscous2019-06-27
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup small broccoli florets (from about 1/2 head)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch rounds (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into 3/4-inch large dice (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- One 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup couscous
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, for serving
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss the broccoli florets, carrots, bell pepper and onion together with 2 tablespoons olive oil and some salt and pepper and spread out in an even layer on a sheet tray. Roast until the vegetables are softened slightly and browned, 15 to 18 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring the chicken stock to a boil in a small saucepot. Sprinkle the chickpeas and couscous in an even layer on top of the vegetables, drizzle with the remaining tablespoon oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Pour the boiling stock over the top of the couscous and vegetables and cover with aluminum foil. Let sit until the couscous is cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the foil and fluff the couscous with a fork. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes, drizzle lemon juice over the top and garnish with the mint leaves.
To reheat the couscous before serving, cover with foil and place in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.