Chicken and Sausage Sandwiches with Sauteed Bell Peppers and German Potato Salad2015-12-13
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 reserved cooked chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup diced chorizo or andouille sausage
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 long rolls (submarine or hoagie rolls)
- 6 small to medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked until crisp
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the sandwiches:Â Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and saute 5 minutes, until tender. Remove half of the peppers from skillet and set aside.
Add onion and saute 3 minutes, until soft. Add sliced chicken and sausage and balsamic vinegar. Cook 2 minutes to heat through. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
Using tongs, arrange mixture on rolls. Refrigerate remaining bell peppers for another recipe.
For the potato salad:Â To make the potato salad, place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour over enough water to cover. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 8 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and while still warm, transfer to a large bowl and add onions, cooked bacon, vinegar, and oil. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.