Chicken Chili with Collards2019-05-29
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3 grams
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 poblano chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen chopped collard greens, thawed
- 1 15-ounce can white chili beans
- 1 cup canned or jarred crushed tomatillos
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Heat a large pot over high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon cumin. Working in batches if necessary, add the chicken to the pot and cook until golden, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the onion and poblano to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon cumin; cook until golden, 30 seconds. Stir in the chicken broth, collards, chili beans and tomatillos. Stir in the chicken and any juices from the plate. Cover and bring to a boil, then uncover and reduce the heat to a steady simmer. Cook until the chicken is tender, about 15 minutes.
Shred the chicken in the pot with 2 forks. Divide the chili among bowls and top with the scallions.