Chicken, Fig, and Pancetta Bites2019-07-16
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Easy
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 8 party servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 12 fresh or dried figs, split
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins or boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- A drizzle balsamic vinegar
- A drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 24 slices pancetta, available at deli counter
- 1 package 3 or 4-inch wooden party picks
If using fresh figs proceed to the preheat instructions. If using dried figs, place a small pan of water on stove and bring to a simmer. Add figs and plump them in water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
Preheat griddle or grill pan over medium to high heat.
Cut chicken into large chunks: cut a tenderloin in half or cut a thigh into 3 chunks. Drizzle chicken with balsamic and oil and toss to coat. Wash hands and season chicken with salt and pepper.
Place a half fig on each piece of chicken and wrap with 1 slice of pancetta. Skewer to secure and place on grill. Wash hands again. Grill chicken bites 4 to 5 minutes on each side.