Chicken-n-Veggie Filled Confetti Cornbread2017-05-04
- Yield : 8 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix (recommended: Martha White brand)
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/3 cups bell pepper, chopped, green, red, yellow, or a combination
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place a greased 12-inch cast iron skillet in the oven to heat.
In a large bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan, mozzarella, mayonnaise, garlic, and 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce. Mix well, and then fold in the cooked chicken. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, blend eggs, oil and 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce. Add the milk, carbonated beverage, cornmeal and flour. Mix well, and then stir in 1 cup of the chopped bell pepper.
Remove the skillet from the oven. Pour the cornbread batter into the skillet. Carefully spread the batter with a spoon toward the sides of the skillet. The batter will begin to rise around edge of skillet. Spoon the chicken mixture on top of the batter, leaving the edges uncovered. Gently press the chicken mixture into the batter, making the edges rise slightly. Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup of bell pepper over the top.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden and the filling is hot. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.