Chicken Provencale with Bell Peppers and Olives2019-07-20
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, about 5 ounces each
- 4 teaspoons dried mixed herbs de Provence
- 4 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 6 cups mixed-color bell pepper strips
- 6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup red or white wine
- 2/3 cup pitted and halved meaty black olives such as Gaeta
Use the heel of your hand to flatten chicken into more or less even 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides with herbes de Provence and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and saute over medium to medium high heat until well-browned on both sides and almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove to plate, leaving drippings in pan.
Add remaining oil to pan. Add peppers and cook, stirring until they begin to soften and brown, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring up any brown bits, for 30 seconds. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, partially covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add olives and heat through, about 1 minute.