Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salad2017-08-25
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat7 grams
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 14-ounce can hearts of palm, drained and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 16 corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce and/or diced red onion, for topping
Toss the chicken with 1/2 cup salsa, the juice of 1 lime and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large bowl; let marinate 10 minutes. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup salsa, the sour cream and 2 tablespoons cilantro in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate. Gently toss the hearts of palm, avocado, radishes, the remaining cilantro, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and the juice of the remaining lime in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken along with the marinade and cook until slightly charred and cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and chop; season with salt.
Warm the tortillas as the label directs. Using 2 stacked tortillas per taco, fill with the chicken, salsa-sour cream mixture and lettuce and/or red onion. Serve with the avocado salad and lime wedges.