Chile-Cheese Brunch Casserole2015-09-30
- Yield : 12 servings
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5 grams
- 6 corn tortillas
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg whites or 1/4 cup dried egg whites reconstituted according to package directions
- 2 16-ounce containers low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 4-ounce cans chopped mild green chiles
- 1 cup prepared tomato salsa
Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Toast tortillas: place one at a time directly on a burner (gas or electric) set at medium heat. Toast, turning frequently with tongs, until golden, 30 to 60 seconds. Cut tortillas into 1-inch-wide strips.
Whisk 2 whole eggs in a large bowl until foamy. Add flour, baking powder and salt; whisk until smooth. Add remaining 2 whole eggs and egg whites and whisk until smooth. Add cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, chiles and tortilla strips and mix with a rubber spatula. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
Bake the casserole until set in the center and golden on top, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve with salsa.