- Yield : 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds carrots (10-12 medium), cut into 1/4-inch diagonal slices
- 6. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 7. 2 tablespoons lime juice
Roasted with chili powder and cumin then tossed with cilantro and lime juice, these carrots are bursting with zesty flavor. Serve them with simple roast chicken or pork.
2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450F.
2. Combine oil, chili powder, cumin and salt in a medium bowl. Add carrots and toss well to coat. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the carrots, stirring once, until tender and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Toss the carrots with cilantro and lime juice. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 161 calories; 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 4 g mono unsaturated fat); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 7 g fiber; 455 mg sodium; 750 mg potassium
Nutrtion Bonus: Vitamin A (762% daily value), Vitamin C (27% dv), Potassium (21% dv).
1 Carbohydrate Servings
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat