Chilled Tomato and Beet Soup2017-11-03
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.5 grams
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, plus 1 tablespoon finely diced
- Large pinch hot paprika
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced pickled beets, plus 1/3 cup pickled beet juice
- 1/2 cup drained roasted red peppers, plus 1 tablespoon finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium ripe tomato, chopped
- Store-bought beet chips, for garnish, optional
- Sour cream or yogurt, for garnish, optional
Combine the oil, sun-dried tomatoes and paprika in a small skillet. Bring to a low simmer over medium-low heat and swirl until the tomatoes soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Combine the sun-dried tomatoes and oil with the beets and beet juice, peppers, garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to meld. Puree in a blender with 1 cup cold water until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl or large liquid measuring cup and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Divide the soup evenly among four bowls. Sprinkle the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and peppers in each bowl. Garnish with beets chips and a dollop of sour cream, if using.