Chilled Tomato Soup with Cilantro-Yogurt Swirl2013-11-27
- Yield : 4 servings, 1 1/4 cups each
- Prep Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1 grams
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (see Note)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
To prepare soup: Toast cumin in a small skillet over low heat, stirring, until just fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Combine tomatoes, onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro and chipotle in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the toasted cumin, corn, ice water, lime juice and salt; stir to combine. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour or until ready to serve.
To prepare cilantro yogurt: Puree yogurt and the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro in a blender or food processor until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve (it will thicken slightly as it stands).
To serve, divide the soup among 4 bowls and garnish each with a generous swirl of cilantro yogurt.
Canned chipotles packed in adobo sauce can be found in the Mexican section of a large supermarket or at a specialty food store.