- Yield : 20 cookies, 5 servings, (1 serving equals 4 cookies)
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2 grams
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup superfine (caster) sugar *See Cook's Notes
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean, dry bowl of a stand mixer and beat until foamy. Add sugar and almond extract beat until meringues hold soft peaks, about 3 minutes. Fold in chocolate gently until just incorporated. Using a pastry bag or a sealable plastic bag with the corner snipped off, pipe meringue by the tablespoon onto cookie sheets. Bake for 40 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from parchment paper. Transfer to an airtight container.