Chocolate Cheesecake Cups with Candied Pecans2013-11-06
- Yield : 12 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 12 square wonton wrappers, cut in half diagonally
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Pinch of kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange the wonton wrappers in a single layer on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on the pans.
Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, confectioners? sugar, cocoa powder, heavy cream, bourbon and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes; refrigerate until ready to use.
Lightly coat another baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine the pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a small bowl. Pour the nuts onto the prepared baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Bake until toasted, 10 to 12 minutes, watching closely so the nuts don?t burn. Let cool on the pan, then break into pieces.
Spoon the cheesecake mixture into small cups or glasses and sprinkle with the candied pecans. Serve with the wonton crisps.