Chocolate Christmas Tree Brownies2013-04-03
- Yield : 8-10 servings
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray, for the pan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon flake salt
- Green frosting and sprinkles, to decorate
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and kosher salt. Add the granulated sugar, melted butter, vanilla and eggs and whisk until a few lumps remain. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar and flake salt. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
Cut the brownie in half. Using the tip of a knife, slice in angles making W's with the cut to form triangular pieces. Remove each piece and decorate with frosting and sprinkles as desired.