Chorizo and Potato Mini Flautas2015-11-20
- Yield : 12 to 14 servings
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for frying the tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and finely chopped russet potatoes (about 1 russet potato)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 6 ounces raw pork chorizo, removed from casing
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded, for serving
- Crumbled queso fresco, for serving
- Mexican crema, for serving
- Store-bought salsa, for serving
In a large, heavy saute pan, heat the oil on medium-high heat. Saute the potatoes and onions until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook until crisp, browned and fully cooked, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and let cool.
Heat the tortillas directly on a gas burner just until they are soft and pliable, about 10 seconds per side. Place 2 tablespoons of the chorizo and potato mixture on each and roll to from a rolled taco. Stick each roll with a toothpick to hold.
In a separate heavy saute pan, heat enough oil for frying the tacos. When the oil it hot, add the rolled tacos in batches and fry on all sides until golden, about 4 minutes.
Cut the flautas in half and serve on a large platter topped with lettuce and crumbled queso fresco. Drizzle with Mexican crema and serve with salsa.